Himachal offers limitless possibilities for the adventure sports enthusiast. It’s varied terrain – mountains, valleys, forests, rivers and rapids and different climatic zones provide an exciting fare.
Kullu Manali Visit Organize and Provide various customized adventure packages throughout Himachal Pradesh according to the requirement of the client. Age is not a consideration and the choice of an activity depends on one’s level of physical and mental fitness.
Kullu Manali Visit can organize following adventure activities for its clients :-
- TREKKING:- Range upon range of mountain peaks, densely forested mountain slopes, undulating foothills, large rivers and lakes, plant and animal species, Himachal offers unparalleled challenge for climbers. the popular trekking areas in Himachal Himalayan ranges are the Dhauladhar and Pir Panjal ranges, routes over the passes between the shimla region and the Kullu Valley, the numerous treks in the Parvati valley in Kullu, the Sangla valley trek in Kinnaur and Grand Himlayan trek in Lahaul- Spiti. Trekking altitudes are between 1500-4000mtrs.
- MOUNTAINEERING:- The area in a radius of 3-20 km around Manali valley forms the core of mountaineering in Himachal. The Beas Kund region and the lower reaches of Hanuman Tibba (5930mtr.), the Manali and Shitidhar peaks around the source of river Beas and the Deo Tibba (6001mtr.) are usually are approached by beginners with some experience. The higher ranges are-Pir Panjal, Chandrabhaga, Dhauladhar, Kullu, Lahaul-Spiti, and Kinnaur districts.
- VEHICLE SAFARIS:- Traversing the Himalayan tracts by jeep, car or motorcycle in Himachal is wonderful experience. Kinnaur, Lahaul-Spiti, Manali-Leh safari, Rohtang pass, Leh-Ladakh is one of the Himachal’s classic safari routes.
- CAMPING:-Camps are pitched in various parts of the state to enable the visitors to enjoy the wonders of nature. The Beas river has its source in Rohtang pass where Beas Kund Camp is a popular camping destination. Gulaba, Raison, and Shoja also have a beautifull camp sites for the experienced and high altitude campers the glacier of ladakhi Manali is an irresistible attraction. For inexperienced the Solang valley, Kothi and Manali camp offers luxury camping amidst the Apple Orchids
- WATER SPORTS:-Amateur and first timers have their choice of quieter waters while the professionals can run over Himachal’s river rapids in an inflatable rubber dingy. The sports is now being held on river Sutlej, Beas, Ravi and Chandrabhaga.
- SKIING:-Manali is beautiful hill station is an ideal spot for adventure sport lovers. It offers skiing / snow boarding opportunities not only for professionals but also for beginners. Manali is surrounded by beautiful deodar cedar forests and huge peaks soaring to more than six thousand metres.Rohtang Pass and Solang Nallah offer a variety of slopes for skiers. Some easy runs are provided for beginners who can take a course or just hire an instructor for a short while from the directorate of Mountaineering and Allied sports or a one of the other agencies registered with department of Tourism. Sking facilities are available throughout the year at Rohtang. Expert skiers can enjoy helisking during the winter months for which they may contact the department of Tourism.The best skiing slopes located near Manali are Solang Nullah (Solang Valley), Kothi, Patalsu, Marhi, Gulaba, Dhundi and Rohtang.
- PARAGLIDING:-This sport is a mix of sky diving and hand gliding. Places where paragliding is regularly done are Bundla Dhar near Bilaspur, the Kullu valley, Intkali near Rohru and Bir in Palampur.Paragliding is organized in Kullu valley throughout the year at Solang Valley, located 14 kms from Manali and other locations like Marhi, Fatru, Bijli Mahadev etc. There are generally two kind of flights:
- Short flights : The client is taken 100 – 150 mts up the slope and takes a flight along with the pilot in the two seater paraglider. The flight lasts for approximately 60 – 90 seconds.
- High flying : Approximately 20-30 minutes flight and arranged at Fatru, Kothi, Hallan close to Naggar and Bijli Mahadev. Mainly for experienced pilots who have done short flights
- Angling / Fishing :- Angling and Fishing in Himachal . Himachal Pradesh is an excellent destination for fishing and angling. Brown and Rainbow trout are famous all over the world as the best game fish. The Pabbar valley region situated upstream of Rohru has many ideal spots for fishing. Other famous sites are Chirgaon, Seema, Mandil, Sandasu, Tikri and Dhamvari. The Beas River and its side streams like the Sarvari, Parbati, Sainj, Hurla and Tirthan are also good for the fishing sport.
- An anglers’ paradise. Himachal has several spots for both trout and mahaseer – as well as other fish. Acclaimed as the best sport fish in the world, both Brown and Rainbow Trout are to be found in Himachal’s streams. Upstream of Rohru in the Pabbar valley, there are several spots ideal for fishing.The picturesque Kangra valley has several spots that offer mahaseer – river carp. The reservoir of the Pong Dam right up to the town of Dehra has good spots. The area around Nadaun along the river Beas has some good beats, and some are Chamba Pattan near Garli (accessible from Nadaun or Jawalamukhi), Amritsar (2 km from Nadaun), Harsi Pattan (30 km from Tira Sujanpur) and Lambagaon (15 km from Tira Sujanpur).
- On the river Giri, Gaura (30 km from Solan on the Rajgarh road) and the beat near Dadahu (5 km from Renuka Lake) and the river Yamuna, downstream of Paonta Sahib are good spots for mahaseer.The waters of the Gobind Sagar near Bilaspur, also have a variety of fish.
- Fishing fees are nominal. The trout fishing season is from 31 March to 31 October. Generally, the best months for mahaseer are those that have an ‘r’ in their spelling – January, Fabruary, March, April, September, October, November and December.
- Famous Fishing Resorts in Himachal
- Fishing Place Famous for Distance
- Banjar Trout Fishing 55km. from Kullu
- Larji Trout Fishing 34km. from Kullu
- Kasol Trout Fishing 5km. from Manikaran
- Katrain Trout Fishing 20km. from Manali